<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

A World Without Israel?


This evening, I went into Border's on Liberty St., after dining at the Madras Masala.  I had parked in the parking structure, but had no money in my wallet, for some reason. (I had given it to my teenage son, for a wild night on the town.)  I needed to get the parking stub validated.  Otherwise I would be embarrassed at the ticket booth.

On the magazine rack, there was a copy of Foreign Policy.  FP, by the way, is one of the most influential publications in the world.  The cover was rather startling:



Now, Foreign Policy is not something I profess to understand.  But I had though it was a field populated by serious scholars, not science fiction writers.  In the SF genre, one often encounters "future histories," basically "what if..." stories: projections about what the world would be like, if such and such either happened, or did not happen.  So the title story is something one would expect in SF, but not FP.

In this post, I provide a review of the lead FP article, and conclude with my own thoughts about its significance for American security.  Read the rest at The Rest of the Story